Hospital Sitter Services
When a loved one is hospitalized, they may still require someone to stay with them to ensure their comfort and safety. A1 Health Care Services Hospital Sitter Service offers peace of mind that your loved one is being assisted and watched while they are in the hospital, away from home and family.
Hospital sitters are specialized caregivers provided on an hourly or 24 hour basis. They can be helpful for senior adults who may be disoriented or for pediatric patients when a family member cannot be in the hospital with them. Sitters provide non-medical care only and ensure your loved one is supervised at all times. They can keep the nurses and physicians updated on the patient’s condition without being involved in the medical treatment.
Hospital sitters are Certified Home Health Aides that are trained in accordance to hospital policies and requirements.
Trained Hospital Sitters can:
• Help prevent patient falls
• Assist with meal tray service and provide refreshments
• Prevent pulling out of tubes or oxygen connections
• Offer companionship, reading to patient, playing games, reducing boredom
• Keep patient’s area neat and clean
• Alert hospital staff in the event of a change or emergency
• Contact family for regular updates or in case of emergency
Having a sitter with your loved one while they are hospitalized helps to ensure that they get the services they need, are kept safe and often improves the outcome of the patient’s illness. The one on one care and advocacy for your loved one provides both patient and family an extra level of comfort during the hospitalization.
For more information on A1 Health Care Services Hospital Sitter Services, please call 201.343.0033